Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Final 36 Hours

Dearest Desi,

So I didn't keep the blog quite as updated as I would have liked to while our mom was in China getting you. But the wonderful news is that once you left Lanzhou and got to Guangzhou, the two of you bonded so well. You are laughing, smiling, playing, and unfortunately stealing from every store you go into! Who knew we were getting ourselves an adorable little thief :) I guess we have some teaching to do about not taking shoes from the store.

Right now you are asleep in Hong Kong, spending your final night in China. Tomorrow you will wake up and get on a plane bound for Arkansas. And you will be home. In less than 36 hours we will be meeting you for the very first time.

A million times I have thought about the moment when we first meet you. We have the rest of our lives to be sisters, and yet there will be that one moment where I think time will stop. The four daughters will be together for the first time. I can already feel the Lord pouring His blessings into that moment. The tears are flowing as I imagine our first hug, our first exchange of smiles, the first time we hold hands and walk together as sisters.

It's going to be wonderful Desi. We can't promise perfection, but we can promise more love than you can imagine.

Enjoy this final night in China Desi. I'm so thankful for the country that has given me two precious sisters. But tomorrow, please come home. We have so many adventures to go on. So many memories to make. And so much love to share.

It's time to come home.

With all our love,

Devan, Jordan, and Jenna




No comments:

Post a Comment