Friday, December 9, 2011

Finally.

Dearest Desi,

Today is the day. With a million and one emotions running through me, I sit here knowing in less than 12 hours, our family's life will be forever changed.

It's been a long journey. A journey of ten years. Getting Jenna home seemed like a miracle and for the past four or more years we have been working on bringing another little girl home. Yet today, that chapter of our lives closes. It's a bit scary. But most of all, it's a reason for joy and praise.

You are spending your last two hours on the plane right now. You will land in Chicago about 11:00 a.m. As soon as you step foot off the plane, you will be an American citizen. Congratulations :) I would say that's a big deal.

I keep thinking about tonight Desi and how it will feel the moment our family is united together for the first time. My heart can't really handle it. It reminds me of how anxious the Lord must be for His children to finally be united with Him. I can't wait til the day when we can hear the chorus of angels in heaven singing His praises. I'm filled with anticipation for this because of the small speck of joy I know I'm feeling compared to the joy they will have.

It has been a very long journey Desi. But at 7:42 p.m. tonight a new chapter of all of our lives will begin. And we can't wait.

The next time we update the blog, it will finally be a picture of us. I love the sound of that. Us. A family. Together at last.

Get ready little Desi. It's time for the adventure to begin.

Devan, Jordan, and Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment