Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Best Birthday Present Ever

Dearest Desi,

We were so sure the travel approval was going to come on November 8th, the 40th day of waiting for it.

But the Lord is so much wiser than us, and He knew. Noah didn't wait on the ark for 40 days. He waited for 40 days AND 40 nights. Obviously the travel approval had to come on NOVEMBER 9TH! And so it did :)

That made for me, your sister Devan, to have the absolute best birthday ever. As I was sitting on pinterest at 2pm in the afternoon, basking in the glory of it being my birthday, our mom called. She calmly asked me how my day had been. I went into a long, detailed description of my classes, nap, surprise birthday lunch with friends, and plans for the rest of the day. She then ever so calmly asked, "Well, would you like some news that would make it even better?" My obvious reaction was tears of joy and lots of screaming.

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. Forever in my memory I will have that precious moment when on my birthday, the travel approval came.

And now, precious Desi, YOU are coming home.

We are sad you won't be here for Thanksgiving, but we are abundantly thankful for you. The day after Thanksgiving our mom is giving up the long standing tradition of Black Friday shopping and is instead getting on a plane and coming to get you! You will turn 4 on November 30th, and I would like to think you will be getting the best birthday present ever this year too! A forever family...

We're anxiously waiting for December 9th, about 7:30pm. That is when you will make your America debut. So many friends and family will be there. Everyone wants to meet you. They love you already. I would be lying if I said I wasn't so excited that I think about it constantly, as I'm sure Jordan and Jenna do too. The final piece to the Malone puzzle will finally be home.

It will be the best Christmas ever. Because we will be complete.

So Desi, just hold on ten more days. That's all we're asking. It's a strange thought to realize you have no idea any of this is happening. You have no idea the thoughts, prayers, and love that is pouring your way. But we are coming. It is a comfort to know that you are in His hands during this time. It takes a lot of trust and faith to know that He has it all under control. But oh, how He does.

Just ten more days Desi and she will be there. And in twenty-four days, we will hold you in our arms for the first time.

We love you Desi. With all of our hearts we love you. And we are bringing you home.

Seeing you so soon,

Devan, Jordan, and Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment