Monday, November 28, 2011

Sweet Dreams

Dearest Desi,

First off you should know something. I, your sister Devan, have a problem. Every night when I try to go to sleep, I can't! The reason why? My heart is too full. Too full of joy, and excitement, and thankfulness. Last night I laid in bed until 1:30 am just thinking about you and what it will be like when we finally meet. Every time I look at pictures of you, my heart fills with more love than I thought it could before. These next two weeks are going to be the craziest of my entire life with school and everything, but the Lord is carrying me through them so that I can see you. He is just that good.

Jordan and Jenna have exciting news too! They finally got to talk to you on the phone! They said that you had just woken up from a nap so you were a little dazed, but they got to hear your voice and you told them Hi! I am more than jealous of this, I can't wait to hear your voice. I'm keeping in mind though that we said that about Jenna and now sometimes we wonder if her voice will ever stop.

Just to let you know, you are officially Desi Michal Hua Malone. If that isn't a mouthful. Yesterday you went to the civil affairs office with out mom and made everything official. You have always been ours, now we just have paperwork to prove it.

Right now I am pretty sure you are at a zoo in the middle of China with our mom. We hope you are having so much fun and bonding with her. We know this is a hard and confusing time for you. We can't imagine what it would be like to be uprooted and left with some strange woman. Thankfully though, she is the most amazing mom and she is taking such good care of you. We miss her a lot. In the past few days we have witnessed an unbelievable strength in her, and we have seen how much she does for us at home. We hope to one day be half the mom that she is.

Desi, we titled this Sweet Dreams. The reason why is because we hope that is what you are having now. It's for sure what we are. Each night that I fall asleep, I fall asleep with an indescribable peace. A peace that only comes from knowing that no longer is my sister going to bed in an orphanage. She is going to sleep with her forever family. Soon you will be going to sleep at home. And that Desi, is enough to bring a lifetime of sweet dreams.

I'm posting a few pictures to show how you have been doing these past few days!

Girl, you are rocking that kitty scarf :)

We are going to be the best of friends-we adore coloring!

THE SQUINTY FACE!!! Classic.

YOU ARE OURS!!!


You will be home so soon. We can't wait. We love you with all of our hearts.
And we didn't know we could feel this much joy.

Love you :)

Devan, Jordan, and Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment