Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Desi!

Dearest Desi,

Today, at least here in America, you are 4 years old. CONGRATULATIONS!!! We hope you had a wonderful birthday spent at the museum and playing with our mom. We can't wait for you to be home and we will throw you the best birthday party ever. We're thinking our very own tea party?

You are doing as best as can be expected with our mom right now. You don't exactly love her just yet, but you are tolerant of her and you don't have emotional breakdowns. The Lord is so good and we know one day you will share in the family love. For now we are continuing to pray for your heart to be opened to our mom and eventually all of us.

The past few days you have been on quite a few adventures! You guys have gone to the zoo, played in the park, and gone to a museum. At the park you danced with all the older women and the guide while he pushed you in the stroller. Maybe when you get home we can have "Dancing with Devan and Desi" time?

Yesterday was a very exciting day for the three of us. We were all able to talk to you on the phone! Not one of us cared that the extent of the conversation was saying "Hi" back and forth. You told Jordan and Jenna "I love you",  repeating it after our mom, and you said my name! "Bevin" sounds just like Devan if you ask me :) Jenna told me all about talking to you on the phone and when I asked her if she was happy about it she joyfully replied, "I just love her already!" My experience with talking to you on the phone included lots of tears on my part. They say it's hard to remember entire days in life but we all remember moments.

Desi, we will each hold in our heart the moment we heard your voice for the first time. It is one of the most precious things I have ever experienced and I will treasure it for a lifetime.

You are almost home. Only 8 more days! Just 8! 8! 8! 8! 8! 8! Every night I have trouble going to sleep because I have too much joy in my heart thinking about getting to meet you. Everyone is so excited. The blogs are read by so many people every day, everyone asks about you constantly, and the prayer that goes toward you and our mom is unbelievable.

God is good. So good. And we plan on our lives exemplifying that for eternity.

Posting just a few pictures of your journey :) My favorite is the one where you finally showed that beautiful smile. You are beautiful. Inside and out. We love you Desi. With all of our hearts.

Also, for more pictures and details of exactly what they are doing in China, visit:

waitingfordesi.blogspot.com

Can't wait for you to be home.

Devan, Jordan, and Jenna



No comments:

Post a Comment